Sunday 23 June 2024

Red Sunday!!

Early this morning news broke of a Red Backed Shrike tantalisingly close at the Northamptonshire/Leicestershire border near Cottingham .  I had literally just arrived at an agility competition when I saw the message so there was very little I could do apart from watch the messages. I did breathe a sigh of relief when the messages indicated that the bird stubbornly remained in Leicestershire, at times only 80m from Northamptonshire.  It has been many years since I have seen a Red Backed Shrike in the county as they have become increasingly scarce. I believe that the bird did stray into Northamptonshire at times but I never managed to see it.

A successful day competing for Jaeger and Rouzel with both of them picking up First places and Red Rosettes.                     I arrived home just in time to watch a fantastic display by the Red Arrows at Sywell Air Show.  It was breathtaking to watch their precision acrobatics and hear their distinctive noise. Absolutely awesome when they were right over my head.

Hope that you have a good week enjoying the weather and wildlife.

Regards Eleanor 


Rouzel and Jaeger on top form!


No comments: