Wednesday 11 May 2022

Mid-week

 I cannot believe that it is mid week already,  I just feel as if the last few days have passed me by without stopping!!!!     I have been out and about but haven't seen many good birds. Harrington Airfield seems to be going through one of it's extremely quiet patches. Pitsford Reservoir too has been quiet with only 2 Bar tailed Godwits remaining in the Scaldwell bay.     Today I walked around Sywell CP and apart from a very vocal and showy Cetti's Warbler and several Sedge Warblers it was quiet.             It sounds like I should have ventured further down the road to Summer Leys as a Pectoral Sandpiper turned up there this afternoon and appeared to be keeping company with several other waders including Ruff, Dunlin, Ringed Plovers and Common Sandpiper.   Nearby at Clifford Hill were Ringed Plovers and Dunlin and a Sanderling at Stanwick.      The long standing Glossy Ibis is still at Stanwick GP along with 4 Cattle Egrets and the wandering White Stork was again at Barnwell on the floodwater.                                                             But well away from the Nene Valley at DIRFT3 there were a staggering 46 Ringed Plovers,  5 Sanderlings and 5 Dunlin.  This is an area which I have personally never visited but I may have to seriously think about having a recce over there.  Watch this space!!....

Regards Eleanor 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interested to know where people park for DIRFT3

northamptonshirebirding.blogspot.com said...

The A5 layby between Lilbourne village and the DIRFT3 complex is the usual parking area