Thursday 20 May 2021

Hard Work !!

 It is certainly hard work at the moment to find any good birds or even insects now that the weather has turned cold, wet and windy.  I do feel sorry for the fledglings and for their parents as they have to work so much harder to find enough food for them.  The next few days are predicted to remain cold and wet so I suspect that this will take its toll on many young birds.

I have birded at Pitsford, Harrington airfield and the valley below Hanging Houghton and have notched up a reasonable list of birds including Grey Wagtail, Grey Partridge, Cuckoo, Kingfisher, Spotted Flycatcher,  Hobby and Barn Owl.   Meanwhile over at Titchmarsh Reserve, Thrapston Eric has encountered a good variety of birds including Hobby, Barn Owl, Oystercatchers, Osprey, Kingfisher, Teal, Pochard, Shovelar and Wigeon. 

Perhaps I will simply watch the garden and the antics of the young Starlings and wait for the next good bird to be found . But no doubt I will be out and about trying myself to find it. !!

Regards Eleanor

No comments: