Friday 24 December 2021

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

 A very dull and dreary day today when most of the daylight hours were shrouded in fog. I started my day with a run where I had to rely on my ears to tell me what was about. I  heard small numbers of Brambling below Hanging Houghton,  Blueberry,  Maidwell and Draughton . Plenty of Redwings and Fieldfare were flushed from the hedgerows as I ran past and 2 Grey Wagtail were flying around below Hanging Houghton.                                  There was a very brief clear sunny spell this afternoon and luckily I was at Harrington Airfield at the time. There were about 20 Brambling on the rough area waiting to fed. The fields were alive with Redwings,  Fieldfare, Skylarks,  Starlings and Pied Wagtails feeding on the wet fields and finding plenty of food. By the time I got home the fog had returned. Very little other bird news to report which no doubt was weather related or everyone making a last minute dash to the shops !!  The only birds of note today were a Siberian Chiffchaff and the long staying Wood Sandpiper at Pitsford Reservoir,  a Black Redstart at Borough Hill and a  Scaup at Stortons Gravel Pits. 

Regards Eleanor 

We would just like to wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and hope that you enjoy this time of year however you spend it xxxxx                        

No comments: