Friday 3 January 2014

Parakeets at Pitsford

Due to both dogs unable to walk any distance, mundane errands and a trip to the vet, my birding was somewhat limited.
At Pitsford Reservoir where I had to wrestle with my scope to keep it steady the Great Northern Diver was viewed distantly from the dam and a Green Sandpiper remains on the flooded field below the dam.
A somewhat blustery walk across the causeway produced a pair of Smew sheltering against the bank.
From the feeding station 2 Great White Egret, 6 Red Crested Pochard, 2 Goosander and a further 2 Smew were noted. 
As I stood looking around I could hear the next birds long before I could see them........2 noisy Ring Necked Parakeets going over with the strong wind helping them along !!
The Hume's Leaf Warbler was looked for today but not seen or heard, but the Long Tailed Tit's who have been absent were back on site, so we haven't given up and will continue to regularly monitor this site.

Regards  Eleanor

No comments: