Another nice day with plenty of blue skies and sunshine and I was able to get out and about more.
I started the day with an early morning run where I saw a Barn Owl as dawn broke and flushed at least 2 Woodcock from the hedgerows near to Blueberry.
Later in the day I managed a quick look at Pitsford and saw the male Smew and a Great White Egret north of the causeway.
An equally brief visit to Hollowell and a better look at the 2 Velvet Scotors in good light. My previous view of the scotors had been just as the light was fading so it was good to see them in sunshine today. They are lovely looking birds and well worth a trip over.
Early afternoon found me at Harrington to feed the birds. As I was leaving the car a flock of about 200 Golden Plover came over, circled around calling before continuing heading southwards.
I'd no sooner started walking again when I could hear the corvids getting excited about something and when I looked I could see that they were harassing a Short Eared Owl. They all disappeared from view towards the third bunker and despite walking around there with my 4 legged helpers I failed to locate the owl. Otherwise it was very quiet at Harrington.
Non stop today as we have lots of birds visiting the garden and we are replenishing the seed daily. Today's visitors included male Blackcap, male Great Spotted Woodpecker, Nuthatch, Reed Bunting, Yellowhammer, Grey Wagtail and Sparrowhawk.
- Images from John Tilly 27th August
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 22nd May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020
- Cambodia 17th Feb - 3rd March 2020