Sunday 21 May 2017

Weekend Round Up

From my point of view my birding has been quiet over the weekend. I have visited Harrington Airfield on both days and have enjoyed good views of 2 or 3 Turtle Doves who are also very vocal with their gorgeous "purring" call. Other birds include Cuckoo, Grey Partridge and Yellow Wagtail.
Yesterday the usual rowdy Ravens were entertaining us at Staverton
This morning I was at Pitsford at 06.00hrs and there was a Sanderling, 2 Ringed Plover and a Common Sandpiper on the spit at the entrance to the grange bay.

I have only seen a couple of Hobby so far this spring, although there was one at Harrington this afternoon which I missed. 
It sounds as if I should have been at Titchmarsh today where potentially as many as 16 Hobby were seen by Eric Graham who writes " Ken and myself spent some time on the reserve this morning locating 6 Hobby at the south end and a further 10 at the north end, WOW. Also all the usual warblers seen and heard although only the briefest views of Cetties and Nightingales.  
Plenty of dragons and damselfly and my first brown argus butterfly".

Regards  Eleanor

No comments: