Thursday 13 April 2017

Another odd mix !!

Another odd mixture of birds today. One minute I was watching our winter visitors and the next our summer visitors and sometimes both together in the same field of view.
Early morning there were 2 Wheatears and a Cuckoo in the valley below Hanging Houghton. Already this year I have seen three Cuckoo's which I think is more than I saw during the whole of Spring/Summer last year.
This afternoon at Harrington Airfield there was a super male Common Redstart in the bushes close to the compound, 2 Wheatears and 4 Grey Partridge around the bunkers. Whilst walking around the bunkers I literally stumbled over a Short Eared Owl which was sitting on the ground seemingly asleep in the sun !!
Blueberry Farm area was quiet apart from a Wheatear, Fieldfares and Redwing feeding on the short grass in the horse fields.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: