A very pleasant walk day for a walk around Summer Leys this morning.
Not a huge amount of new birds in today, plenty of Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers singing all over the reserve with a solitary Sedge Warbler vocal near to the Marigold pond.
A Peregrine was perched up on a pylon distantly behind Mary's lake and the drake RCP was in it's preferred spot on Pete Wylde's lake, viewable from the top gate.
3 snipe were visible from the screen hide with up to 5 Redshank dotted about the reserve.
Yesterday at Titchmarsh reserve 3 RCP were noted in front of the south hide and later the Palmer hide. Plenty of common warblers were singing including the first Sedge Warblers. A pair of shelduck were present along with a pair of Goldeneye and a few Wigeon and Teal.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October