Saturday 11 April 2020

Easter Saturday

Hello

Eleanor's revisit today to Harrington Airfield confirmed the continuing presence of the Black Redstart, this time around Bunker Three where there was also a Northern Wheatear. A Tree Pipit flew over north calling well.

I haven't seen a great deal today but each time I hear a singing Blackcap, Chiffchaff or Willow Warbler it puts a smile on my face. And when I hear the singing Swallow above our garden I can't help but grin! For some people the subtleties of nature are often not appreciated or at least not until we mature in years. I feel fortunate that I have always enjoyed this spectacle and of course spring is an amazing time when our world seems to re-awaken.

I had a Common Whitethroat along the Brampton Valley this afternoon and I suspect that this is my earliest ever. I don't normally come across this species until the third week of April.

Fiona Barclay saw a Common Redstart along the Brampton Valley at Draughton Crossing this morning, but apparently it didn't give much of a view before disappearing over a hedge!

Regards

Neil M



Adult Swallow.

Common Whitethroat courtesy
of Jacob Spinks.



No comments: