At Staverton the resident Ravens were very vocal and providing the entertainment at our agility training, although some of the antics of the dogs caused much laughter. Following his success last week in his first competition Tor was in a very playful mood !!
I stopped off at Ravensthorpe Reservoir on the way home and the water level is dropping leaving the shoreline exposed. There was a Yellow Legged Gull, Greenshank, Green and Common sandpiper.
An early evening walk at Harrington Airfield was productive with 2 male Common Redstart and 2 or 3 Turtle Doves around the bunkers on the rough strip. I saw my first young Grey Partridge as I came across an adult with 4 very small young. The Sedge Warbler was again singing at the end of the track. Plenty of butterflies on the wing including good numbers of Marbled White's.
Later in the evening there was a singing Grasshopper Warbler and Barn Owl just below Hanging Houghton.
The Red Arrows again came through Northamptonshire and I caught up with them near Kelmarsh and managed to get some better pictures.....at last !!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October