Preparatory work for the winter wild bird feed stations on the Kelmarsh Estate continued today, although I was caught out in one particularly heavy shower!
It seems that small numbers of Chiffchaffs are still dotted about in our hedges and copses, and frequently mixed in with tit flocks. No other noteworthy birds were seen on the estate and I spent the last hour of daylight in to dusk at Blueberry Farm which provided views of a Barn Owl, a different pair of Stonechat to that seen this morning (two pairs on-site today) and hearing vocal Tawny and Little Owls.
Eleanor saw a different hunting Barn Owl in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton this evening and earlier in the afternoon paid a visit to Harrington Airfield which produced 3 Grey Partridges, c200 Golden Plovers, the regular Little Owl and a Wheatear.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October