This morning Eleanor located a Wheatear in the Brampton Valley between Hanging Houghton and Cottesbrooke.
This afternoon we completed a belated WeBS count at Ditchford Gravel Pits in breezy but ridiculously warm conditions. Common Blue Damselflies and Common Darters were among many insects on the wing in these balmy temperatures.
The water-sport pit west of Ditchford lane hosted a Water Pipit and at least seven Egyptian Geese. A Bittern was in waterside vegetation on the second old pit east of Ditchford Lane. Other birds included a Green Sandpiper, a Snipe, three Little Egrets, ten Kingfishers, a pair of Stonechat, six Cetti's Warblers, four Grey Wagtails and two Siskins.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July