Another beautiful Autumn day which led to me being out and about rather than doing the housework !!!!
Although shrouded in fog I decided to visit Harrington Airfield and initially could only hear the Linnets, Goldfinches etc but as the fog lifted to reveal sunshine and blue skies the birds also revealed themselves. A Redstart [? same long staying bird] was again in bushes around the shooting wall, along with a few Blackcaps and Whitethroat. There were 2 Wheatears and 2 Whinchat and a Turtle Dove around the bunkers.
A Tree Pipit, Siskin and 2 Grey Wagtails flew over calling whilst I was busy picking blackberries for tea !
I wandered around the southern end of Blueberry Farm area this afternoon and there were 6 Whinchat and a Redstart in the usual field/hedge. The Whinchat were playing hide and seek as on several "scans" of the field I couldn't see anything and then they popped up on the weeds.
Plenty of raptors including a female Peregrine, Hobby, Marsh Harrier [cream crown] and Red Kites.
A Tree Pipit flew over calling as did 2 Ravens.
Just a lovely day to be out and about.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July