A ringing session took place at Stortons GP this morning which resulted in 69 birds being caught of which 52 were new. Highlights included some summer migrants still in the shape of a Chiffchaff, a Lesser Whitethroat, 3 Reed Warblers and 9 Blackcaps plus 3 resident Bullfinches and a Great Spotted Woodpecker.
Birds noted around Hanging Houghton today included 2 Ravens, a Barn Owl and a Grey Wagtail. An excursion at Harrington Airfield this morning failed to locate much with just a pair of Grey Partridge being noteworthy.
A walk around the fields between Walgrave village and Pitsford Res this afternoon was sufficient to see an Osprey, a Redstart and 3 Golden Plovers.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October