A rather clearer morning this morning, although with a distinctly autumnal feel to it. A trip to the reserve end of Pitsford Res produced a variation on the birds present for the last few days.
At least two Ruff were still present although mobile around the causeway/feed station areas. A further two birds were also around the Moulton Grange Bay area.
The Great White Egret was initially spotted perched in a tree at the back of the Walgrave Bay. By the time I had got to the New James Fisher hide it had relocated to the bund, where it was happily and effectively fishing for fry in the shallows.
Eleven Red-crested Pochard were also in the Scaldwell Bay, every visit the number of birds present seems to change.
At least 4 Little Egrets were seen in various locations around the reserve.
A brief foray into the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton produced probably two Redstarts in the hedge around the southern most field. One was seen and heard and a probable second bird heard. A single Whinchat was perched up on the vegetation further into the field.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October