A period of bird ringing in the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res today was sufficient to catch and process 73 birds with perhaps the highlights being a Sparrowhawk, a Great Spotted Woodpecker, 9 Chiffchaffs, a Willow Warbler, a Reed Warbler, 7 Blackcaps, a Goldcrest and 13 Meadow Pipits.
Other birds noted in the bay included at least 2 Hobbys, 13 Red-crested Pochard, a Kingfisher, a Snipe and a Willow Tit.
An adult male Merlin appeared at Harrington Airfield this morning and two Wheatears were present around the bunkers.
At Blueberry Farm this afternoon, the southern-most field hosted a Stonechat and a Whinchat with two mobile Ravens too.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October