Eleanor has not long returned from an excursion to Harrington Airfield, but her impression was that there had been a significant shift in the transient migrants that have been present and many have left. There were still plenty of Whitethroats moving around the bushes and the agricultural activities had attracted Red Kites and a large flock of Lesser Black-backed Gulls, but few passerines of note.
However this site has a habit of luring you in to a sense of 'there's nothing here' and then some bright spark goes and find something good, so we will see what develops!
At Hanging Houghton this morning a calling Tree Pipit flew south at about 6.45am.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July