Sunday 4 May 2014

Sunday continued

For me, it has been a lean time for birds and until today I had failed to connect with anything of note.
This morning at 07.30hrs an Osprey flew over my head as I neared Blueberry and appeared to be heading towards Pitsford Reservoir, probably in search of breakfast.  
I've continued to check as many bean fields as I can. There appears to be 2 pairs of Lapwing taking an interest in one of the fields.  It was whilst checking more of these fields early afternoon that I saw a female Black Redstart and 2 male Northern Wheatears gradually work their way up the field and simply melt away !   As I was scanning the skies I watched 2 Hobby flying around together and give a short display.  Plenty of other raptors enjoying the sunshine and breeze, namely Red Kites and Common Buzzard.
A slow walk at Harrington produced a single Whinchat, but nil else.
A walk at dusk around Blueberry was quiet apart from a Barn Owl


Regards Eleanor

No comments: