Another very spring-like day today with plenty of insects on the wing including bumble-bees and a Brimstone butterfly or two. I always think that a vivid yellow male Brimstone looks particularly stunning this time of the year, probably because normally the back-drop is dull and uninspiring before the buds and leaves emerge in profusion.
Birds on the move today included winter thrushes, Linnets, wagtails and Meadow Pipits. A Grey Wagtail at Hanging Houghton was part of this northward movement.
A quick wander around at Harrington Airfield failed in an effort to find an early Wheatear, and I had to make do with a Raven, several common raptors and at least one Brambling.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July