A day of consolidation was required with plenty of odd-jobs around the house this morning. A furtive Goldcrest inspected the now three still-live potted Christmas trees that adorn the garden and three Common Buzzards in the field behind us were very noisy and seemed to be involved in a bit of a 'domestic dispute'.
A brief visit to feed the birds at Harrington Airfield was sufficient to witness a big hike in the Brambling numbers, with 25 birds counted just after 2pm.
A single Red Kite sauntered over Maidwell village, half a dozen flighty redpoll sp were in Brixworth Country Park and a Barn Owl and two Ravens were in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.
Finally the Great Northern Diver at Pitsford Res was viewed off the Holly Bush late this afternoon but my efforts at finding a storm-driven pelagic gull in the roost drew a blank!
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October