A wander in the midday drizzle at Harrington Airfield today provided views of a Peregrine and about c100 Golden Plovers. Good numbers of Chaffinches are currently feeding on the seed at the concrete track entrance, and some days a few Bramblings join them.
At about 1.20pm this afternoon, 4 Red-crested Pochard were visible in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res, and presumably different birds from the birds seen in the Scaldwell Bay earlier on.
A change of scenery this afternoon with a visit over to Stanwick GP; however the birds were about as dismal as the weather! The gulls didn't behave and kept away from the main lake and other birds noted included a Kingfisher, a Little Egret, a Redshank, a Dunlin and two Chiffchaffs with plenty of Water Rails and Cetti's Warblers audible from the reed margins.
A ringing session at Stortons GP on Sunday was very successful with 60+ birds being captured which included Water Rail, Redwing, Song Thrush and Treecreeper in addition to the usual Reed Buntings, Chaffinches, tits etc.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October