This morning there were 2 Whinchats and a Grasshopper Warbler in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton and a Barn Owl and a Hobby at Blueberry Farm.
At Harrington Airfield this afternoon a juvenile Marsh Harrier was present at 4.30pm - other birds included a Redstart, 2 Whinchats, a Hobby and a Turtle Dove.
At Pitsford Res this morning, Dave Francis completed another CES ringing session in the Scaldwell Bay, catching some 57 birds. Typical birds included 8 Reed Warblers, 6 Willow Warblers, 4 Chiffchaffs, 3 Garden Warblers and 2 Whitethroats. A very untypical catch in a mist net was a juvenile Grey Heron, and thankfully both bird and Dave remain unscathed!
This afternoon birds of note visible from the causeway at Pitsford were restricted to at least one Yellow-legged Gull and a female Pochard wearing a bill shield.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May