Well it's been hard graft finding any birds of note locally the last couple of days!
On Wednesday 31st July there was an adult Yellow-legged Gull off the dam at Pitsford Res and a Red Kite was noted at Sedgebrook Hall. A lengthy walk around Harlestone Heath in the evening failed to locate any birds of note.
Yesterday (1st August) there was a Grey Wagtail in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton and a Little Egret was noted in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res.
This morning (2nd August) and a walk around Harrington Airfield produced little more than the usual birds which included a pair of Grey Partridge. An early afternoon scan from the causeway at Pitsford Res was enough to locate a Redshank and 2 Little Egrets.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October