A much more pleasant day today, although I still had plenty of clothes on for a visit to Summer Leys.
Bird of the day was a Spotted Flycatcher in Kim's corner, a bird I have only seen once before on the reserve in almost the same location. This was a year tick for me.
From the Pioneer hide there was a pair of Little-ringed Plovers holding territory on Round Island and a brief view of a Common Sandpiper on Rotary Island.
A Yellow Wagtail was on the grass behind Brayshaw's Bund catching insects.
There was no sign of any dragonflies on the Toad Pond: Hairy Dragonflies should be emerging shortly, hopefully before the long weekend is over.
A couple of Common Spotted Orchid plants were visible near to the Pioneer Hide but neither was in flower.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 17th Feb
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October