At least 12 Bramblings were present at Harrington Airfield this morning. At Pitsford Res this morning the Great White Egret was present in the Holcot Bay and 2 Grey Wagtails were by the dam overflow. This afternoon there was a pair of Goosander in the Moulton Grange Bay.
A visit to a Kingsthorpe garden today was enjoyable with about 20 Siskins visiting the garden feeders, occasionally joined by about 3 Lesser Redpolls. A marauding Sparrowhawk caused havoc on more than one occasion.
This afternoon there was a Raven and 2 Red Kites in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.
Some lovely spring sunshine this morning and during the middle of the day was sufficient to encourage a Small Tortoiseshell and a Brimstone to provide a brief flutter!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October