Birds in the garden here at Hanging Houghton today again included 4 Lesser Redpolls and 2-3 Bramblings with 2 Waxwings nearby in the village.
At Blueberry Farm, Maidwell birds seen included a Barn Owl, 2 Ravens, 2-3 Lesser Redpolls and a Woodcock.
At about 10.30am this morning there was a large flock of about 60 Waxwings in Brixworth village, which were in flight over the shops in the centre of the village. A search afterwards failed to locate them.
At Pitsford Res today there were two Kingfishers and four Goosanders in the dam area. The Slavonian Grebe was south of the causeway near the gorse bushes off the Brixworth bank, and other birds in this general area included 6 Smew (2 drakes), a female Peregrine, 4 Snipe and a Raven. North of the causeway there were at least 2 Bramblings at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station, a Red Kite and the Great White Egret was seen to fly in to the Walgrave Bay.
Finally at Harrington Airfield this afternoon, the female Merlin was again present at 2pm as were 6 Golden Plover, at least 8 Bramblings and 100+ Skylarks.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October