Dave Francis managed a ringing session at Pitsford Res yesterday afternoon and this morning, using the old Scaldwell Road Feeding Station. Seventy new birds were ringed which included 4 Goldcrests, 6 Long-tailed Tits, 26 Tree Sparrows, 6 Chaffinches, 7 Greenfinches, 10 Goldfinches, 5 Yellowhammers and a Moorhen. This brings the annual total of new Tree Sparrows ringed at this site to 170.
A walk at Harrington Airfield this morning failed to locate any particular birds of note in rather raw conditions. There were still 4 mobile redpoll sp, winter thrushes and the usual flock of Linnets. The Brampton Valley below Brixworth and Hanging Houghton also seemed unremarkable with just a few redpoll sp, the odd Siskin and winter thrushes.
And yet again this afternoon we made our way to Boddington Res in another effort to pin down the Bonaparte's Gull. The gull roost was proportionately large and although the light was initially okay it soon became just too grey and dismal to properly check the furthest birds. Despite the best efforts of the 7 birders present we didn't locate it. Other birds present included a Kingfisher and 2 Grey Wagtails.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July