Despite standing around for over an hour at lunchtime today, I failed to see the Waxwings at the Homebase depot, on the Weedon Road, Northampton. Others on site reported that they hadn't shown since 9am. Some Starlings were consuming the rather sparse Rowan berries in the car park so I'm not sure there will be many left for the Waxwings!
The Black-necked Grebe was present off the yacht club at Pitsford Res this afternoon.
A hike around Blueberry Farm this afternoon was sufficient to locate a Short-eared Owl, 2 Barn Owls and a Woodcock.
Other Barn Owls noticed during the last few evenings have been by the dam at Pitsford Res and at the roadside between the villages of Old and Lamport.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October