A short three hour ringing session at Kelmarsh Hall this morning was sufficient to catch 40 birds which included a Nuthatch, a Treecreeper, 12 Long-tailed Tits and 4 Goldcrests. Other birds noted included a Kingfisher, 8 Siskins, 2 redpoll sp and 2 Bramblings.
A good yomp around the Blueberry Farm complex near Maidwell failed to find very much with just a Barn Owl being the only bird of note.
And yes we again travelled west to Boddington Res this afternoon but again failed to pick out the Bonaparte's Gull in the roost! Eight Crossbills flew west at 3.30pm and other birds included a Goldeneye, 2-3 Kingfishers, 2-3 Grey Wagtails and 3 redpoll sp.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July