A Short-eared Owl was sunning itself in one of the field hedges adjacent to the southern-most field at Blueberry Farm this morning.
A ringing session in the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res this morning was responsible for the capture and release of 55 birds, with Goldcrest being the most numerous species captured. Warblers included Reed Warbler, Chiffchaff and Blackcap.
Migrants noted passing over included several Siskins, a Grey Wagtail and plenty of Meadow Pipits. Migrants on the deck included a Yellow Wagtail and a Dunlin.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July