Early this morning a good walk around Harrington Airfield provided 4-5 Redstarts, a Wheatear, 2 Whinchats, a Tree Pipit, a Garden Warbler (most appear to have gone now) and perhaps most surprising of all, a Nuthatch! The Redstarts were well scattered but included the usual male by the first bunker, 1-2 at the third bunker, the female again just off the concrete track by the sparse wild bird cover and one at the roadside between the compound and the start of the concrete track. Grey Partridges comprised of a pair plus a small covey.
Birds in hedging by the side of the most southerly Blueberry Farm field included a Redstart and 2-3 Whinchats (SP 728745), with 2 Hobby closer to Hanging Houghton.
Birds noted in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res this morning included a Tree Pipit, 2 Nuthatch (one caught and ringed), a Kingfisher, a Water Rail and a Spotted Flycatcher. Small numbers of Yellow Wagtails and the first few migrant Meadow Pipits were noted moving south.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October