Forgot to mention that yesterday afternoon (Monday 20th Aug), a brief stop on the causeway at Ravensthorpe Res was sufficient to confirm the continued presence of the female Red-crested Pochard, plus an adult Yellow-legged Gull and a Green Sandpiper.
A short ringing session in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res this morning produced a modest catch of both migrant and resident birds. Birds noted but not captured included several Yellow Wagtails and 3 Tree Pipits heading south overhead early morning, the two drake Red-crested Pochard, a Kingfisher and a Water Rail.
Birds at Harrington Airfield this morning included a juvenile Marsh Harrier (10am), between the end of the concrete track and the A14, and 2 Turtle Doves on the old (and now overgrown!) shooting wall on the LHS from the concrete track.
E & N
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October