Yesterday afternoon there was a single Crossbill flying around at Hanging Houghton before moving off south east. Amazingly a female Pheasant was chaperoning 6 half-grown youngsters below the village (I do not know how she has managed it in these weather conditions).
This morning the white Common Buzzard was still at Blueberry Farm plus a pair of Grey Partridge (no young sadly).
This afternoon a walk around Pitsford Res south of the causeway included a couple of movers in the shape of a Common Gull and 4 Common Sandpipers. There were new Coot and Mallard broods noted too.
N & E
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July