Another couple of quiet days where I am just bumping into the same birds. In the valley below Hanging Houghton there has been a Barn Owl hunting and good flocks of Fieldfares feeding on the soggy stubble fields.
At Harrington this afternoon there was a Short Eared Owl . I assume that this is the same bird which has been present for weeks but can be quite elusive. Also present were 2 Woodcock and a Brambling.
Tomorrow, Wednesday 5th February, is the members evening at the Northants Birdclub. It is a chance for the members to show off their photographs in the annual competition. It is always a good and entertaining evening. There is a high number of entries and there will be photographs to suit every taste.
Everyone is welcome, you do not have to be a birdclub member .
The evening starts at 7.30pm, venue is the Lodge at Pitsford Reservoir and there will be plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits.
Hope to see you there
- Images from John Tilly 27th August
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 22nd May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020
- Cambodia 17th Feb - 3rd March 2020