A busy few days which has limited my birding to Harrington and the valley below Hanging Houghton. There is a group of 4 Ravens which I bump into each day along with a few Grey Partridge. The long standing stubble fields are attracting large flocks of Fieldfares and Redwings and there has been a noticable increase in the number of passerines using the hedgerows.
My best birds were found today. This afternoon whilst scanning the hedgerows I picked up a Ring Tailed Hen Harrier heading towards Cottesbrooke. I think that it is highly likely to be the same bird that was seen at Harrington last week. Then at dusk whilst travelling to Stanwick from the A6 I saw a Short Eared Owl hunting the grass verge/hedge next to the road.
- Images from John Tilly 6th Dec
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 14th Aug.
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020