Apologies for the lack of blogs this week which has been as a result of lack of birds and problematic laptop !!
It has been a quiet week for me. Plenty of passerines in the fields and hedgerows below Hanging Houghton which in turn have attracted a male Merlin and female Peregrine. Most days I have seen a pair of Stonechat, several Brambling, 4 Grey Partridge and a Barn Owl. I have also flushed a couple of Woodcock as I have walked the field hedges.
Harrington Airfield has been very quiet with highlights being 2 Grey Partridge, few Brambling and 15 Golden Plover.
Over the past couple of days there has been some ringing activity. At Pitsford reservoir Dave Francis had an overall catch of 91 birds of 14 species. There were 59 new birds and 32 retraps, the most interesting of which was a Great Tit originally ringed at the feeding station in 2014.
John Woollett was busy at Stortons where 43 birds were caught. 24 were new and 19 retraps. Here too a retrap bird had been ringed in 2014, this time it was a Reed Bunting.
Chris Payne did some ringing in his garden in Greens Norton and this produced just under 40 birds including a stunning male Sparrowhawk and 2 Nuthatches.[ pics below]
- Images from John Tilly 30th June
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 22nd May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020
- Cambodia 17th Feb - 3rd March 2020