Monday 1 April 2019

I am amazed that the Great Grey Shrike which I found a few months ago is still here !!  This morning as I was walking the dogs it was perched on the bushes alongside the stream below Hanging Houghton. It was showing very well but by the time I had run back to the car to fetch my camera it had moved further along the stream, but I managed a few pics.
Late this afternoon when I was again walking the dogs it was still in the same place.  
As it was a lovely day and perfect "running" weather so I duly obliged. My route took me along the Brampton Valley Way and as I ran across a small horse paddock near Draughton Crossing I practically fell over a super male Ring Ouzel feeding on the short grass with 2 Fieldfares and several Blackbirds.
Other birds today include a singing Grey Wagtail, 2 Grey Partridge, Brambling, Siskin and Raven.

Regrads   Eleanor 

No comments: