Tuesday 2 April 2019

Although I didn't manage to get out and about as much as I had hoped today I did bump into the Great Grey Shrike three times. It seems to be favouring the small bushes/trees alongside the stream below Hanging Houghton. 
Whilst training near Mears Ashby I noted a large flock of Fieldfares, approx 90 birds feeding in the horse fields on the short grass.  This is the largest flock that I have seen for a while and it makes you realise that they most have already headed northwards.
A quick look at Sywell Reservoir produced a Swallow, Willow Warbler and Cettis Warbler.

A reminder that the Northamptonshire Bird Club meet tomorrow evening at 19.30hrs at The Lodge, Pitsford Reservoir.  The speaker will be Alan Peters and it promises to be an interesting talk on " Kazakhstan----Birding the Steppes and Mountains of Central Asia"
Everyone is welcome, tea/coffee etc provided. 

Regards Eleanor

No comments: