Sunday 10 February 2019

The weather today, wet and windy, was not the best for birding, however the dogs didn't care and still wanted their walks.
The Great Grey Shrike was perched up on a hedge early this morning. Sadly it was quite distant and was located more over towards Blueberry.
As soon as the rain stopped I headed off to Harrington Airfield [ early pm] where a female Peregrine put on a fantastic acrobatic display as she hunted a small flock of Golden Plover. I don't think she caught anything.  Once I'd recovered from this I continued my walk on the rough area and around the bunkers and flushed a Short Eared Owl and 2 Woodcock.
Because of the weather I spent more time watching the birds in the garden and we still have a few Bramblings, Reed Buntings and Yellowhammers visiting.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: