The weather today, wet and windy, was not the best for birding, however the dogs didn't care and still wanted their walks.
The Great Grey Shrike was perched up on a hedge early this morning. Sadly it was quite distant and was located more over towards Blueberry.
As soon as the rain stopped I headed off to Harrington Airfield [ early pm] where a female Peregrine put on a fantastic acrobatic display as she hunted a small flock of Golden Plover. I don't think she caught anything. Once I'd recovered from this I continued my walk on the rough area and around the bunkers and flushed a Short Eared Owl and 2 Woodcock.
Because of the weather I spent more time watching the birds in the garden and we still have a few Bramblings, Reed Buntings and Yellowhammers visiting.
- Images from John Tilly 30th June
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 22nd May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020
- Cambodia 17th Feb - 3rd March 2020