Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday Selection

After all the activity in the valley below Hanging Houghton, this morning it was eerily quiet, no combine harvesters and no birds !!
I took two of the dogs to Staverton for their agility training and a couple of Ravens were rather amusing with their acrobatics and strange vocal calls . They were clearly enjoying themselves or perhaps just having a laugh as they watched us !!
Birding at nearby Kentle Wood area produced a male Peregrine and 2 Northern Wheatears on a newly scuffed field whilst at Borough Hill there were 2 Common Redstart and a Whinchat.
On my way home I stopped off at Ravensthorpe where I was surprised to see so many wildfowl present including a male Wigeon and a female type Red Crested Pochard, a stark reminder that Autumn is rapidly approaching.
My final outing was to Harrington just before dusk where there was a Turtle Dove, Common Redstart and Whinchat.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: