Saturday 27 January 2018

From Africa to Abington...

Hello

Back in yesterday evening from a two week trip to Uganda which was pretty special!

Today was certainly much cooler than I have been used to! A walk up at Harrington Airfield this morning was really all about keeping the birds fed in four distinct places as I paraded around with my bright yellow bucket of mixed seed! A single Raven flying over was about the only bird of note.

Early this afternoon I paid Abington Park in Northampton a visit with the primary objective of playing football and trying to wear out the 8 month collie puppy Jaeger...I think it was me that was worn out! Birds in the park included a group of typically noisy Ring-necked Parakeets with six together in plane trees not far from the boating lake. Three Goosanders were showing nicely in the upper-most and larger lake...

Regards

Neil M


Goosanders.

Ring-necked Parakeet.

No comments: