From my point of view my birding has been quiet over the weekend. I have visited Harrington Airfield on both days and have enjoyed good views of 2 or 3 Turtle Doves who are also very vocal with their gorgeous "purring" call. Other birds include Cuckoo, Grey Partridge and Yellow Wagtail.
Yesterday the usual rowdy Ravens were entertaining us at Staverton
This morning I was at Pitsford at 06.00hrs and there was a Sanderling, 2 Ringed Plover and a Common Sandpiper on the spit at the entrance to the grange bay.
I have only seen a couple of Hobby so far this spring, although there was one at Harrington this afternoon which I missed.
It sounds as if I should have been at Titchmarsh today where potentially as many as 16 Hobby were seen by Eric Graham who writes " Ken and myself spent some time on the reserve this morning locating 6 Hobby at the south end and a further 10 at the north end, WOW. Also all the usual warblers seen and heard although only the briefest views of Cetties and Nightingales.
Plenty of dragons and damselfly and my first brown argus butterfly".
- Images from John Tilly 30th June
- Bird Ringing
- Brazil revisited
- Trip Reports
- Birdwatching Site Maps
- Dave Jackson Images 6th Jan
- Robin's Wildlife Images 22nd May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Brazil 2012
- Useful Links
- French Pyrenees June 2019
- Ardnamurchan 22nd - 29th Aug 2019
- Ardnamurchan 15th - 22nd Aug 2019
- The Algarve at Christmas 2019
- Cambodia 14th - 30th Jan 2020
- Cambodia 1st - 16th February 2020
- Cambodia 17th Feb - 3rd March 2020