The highlight of an early morning visit to Harrington airfield were 4 Grey Partridge !!
Pitsford Reservoir was equally as quiet with 5 Oystercatcher, 6 Ringed Plover, Greenshank and 2 Common Sandpiper being the only birds of note. A far cry from the numbers and species of waders present a few days ago.
It was quite apt that the talk at the Birdclub this evening was by Wader Quest which is an entirely voluntary charity dedicated to supporting and promoting wader conservation projects around the world and raising awareness about the challenges that these birds face in every environment that they inhabit..
Rick and Elis gave a very entertaining and informative talk which prompted many questions afterwards, and it certainly made us aware of the many issues facing this fantastic and often evocative family of birds. I'll never take waders for granted anymore.
If you want to find out more check out www.waderquest.org
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 4th Jan 2016
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 25th June
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 31st Dec
- Dave Jackson Images 16th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 6th Feb
- Robin's Wildlife Images 11th May
- Brazil revisited 27th October