Thursday 20 April 2017

It was grey and drizzly when I went out this morning, perfect for a good bird at Harrington ............wrong, as all I could find was a Wheatear.
I thought that I would try my luck at Pitsford Reservoir. Firstly I ran around the big side with my hound but it was quiet apart from a Redshank and a Ringed Plover on the shoreline near the causeway carpark. Then I checked the small side. In the Scaldwell arm there was a Shelduck, 2 Oystercatchers and several displaying Goldeneye. There were also good numbers of Swallows and at one point they were sitting in rows on the fence chattering away. You could almost imagine the conversations they were having about their recent migration journey to get here.
This evening in the valley below Hanging Houghton there was a Barn Owl, 2 Wheatears and a flock of about 200 Fieldfares which were heading northwards.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: