Another odd mixture of birds today. One minute I was watching our winter visitors and the next our summer visitors and sometimes both together in the same field of view.
Early morning there were 2 Wheatears and a Cuckoo in the valley below Hanging Houghton. Already this year I have seen three Cuckoo's which I think is more than I saw during the whole of Spring/Summer last year.
This afternoon at Harrington Airfield there was a super male Common Redstart in the bushes close to the compound, 2 Wheatears and 4 Grey Partridge around the bunkers. Whilst walking around the bunkers I literally stumbled over a Short Eared Owl which was sitting on the ground seemingly asleep in the sun !!
Blueberry Farm area was quiet apart from a Wheatear, Fieldfares and Redwing feeding on the short grass in the horse fields.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October