Both Eric Graham and Nick Parker were birding at Thrapston today, albeit at different times and areas.
Graham & Debbie spent a day picnicking and birding around the reserve area and were rewarded with an assortment of birds: 2 Egyptian geese, 4 Cetti's warblers and 7 Blackcaps, a Willow Warbler was singing too.
2 Oystercatchers were on Elinor and the feeders held 5 Redpoll, 2 male.
3 RCP were around the Palmer hide as well as a pair of displaying Redshank near the backless hide. A pair of Kingfisher flew by calling.
Butterflies were enjoying the weather with peacock, tortoiseshell and brimstone all on the wing over a background of cowslips.
Nick had an evening outing mostly around Town Lake and had his first Common Tern fly through as well as a Little Gull. 2 Shelduck headed south and c15 Sand Martin appeared and disappeared rapidly.
A significant number of Goldeneye are still present with 23 on Town Lake and 33 on the reserve pit. C25 Wigeon flew over in the twilight.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October