After a rather soggy weekend it was nice to return to a lovely Autumnal day. Early this morning there was a Little Egret, Barn Owl, Wheatear and Common Redstart in the valley below Hanging Houghton.
This afternoon I took the "gammy" legged collies plus spaniel for a walk across the fields from Walgrave to the hedgerow which has been productive for Common Redstart. By the time we reached the hedgerow I had already come across 2 Whinchat and a Common Redstart . Whilst the dogs rested I checked the hedge and today there were at least 3 Common Redstart, a Spotted Flycatcher and another Whinchat.
I spent late afternoon/early evening walking around Blueberry and sitting at the top of Blueberry Hill field watching the world go by as well as the birds going over , which included Tree Pipit, Golden Plover and Crossbill. Birds seen in the area included 3 Stonechat, Grasshopper Warbler, 2 Common Restart and 2 Whinchat.
During the past couple of days I have visited Harrington Airfield a few times. It has been fairly quiet, just a couple of Common Redstart, 2 Turtle Doves and a Cream Crowned Marsh Harrier.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October