Friday 5 February 2016

And this is winter?

Hello

With heavy rain forecast for tomorrow all day, I decided to visit most of my wild bird feeding stations today but I encountered few birds on my travels - a single Raven at Kelmarsh, a pair of Grey Partridge at Harrington Airfield and a Green Sandpiper on the pools below the dam at Pitsford Reservoir.

I forgot to mention that yesterday evening I saw a Pipistrelle Bat of some kind flying after insects just outside the village at Hanging Houghton. Not normally a common sight in February!

Robin Gossage spent some time at Pitsford Reservoir today with his camera and nice lens (please see his images below)...

Regards

Neil M



Displaying Common Buzzard


Drake Goldeneye (displaying)
...well it is nearly Spring!

All images courtesy of Robin Gossage.


No comments: