This morning I headed to Blueberry Farm area and sat on the top of the hill to experience the "eclipse". Initially the sun was very bright but as the moon moved across it became noticeably darker and cooler and the atmosphere felt eerily different. I had company as I sat , three dogs, a pair of Stonechat and 2 Ravens, all of whom did not behave any differently, but the Black Headed Gulls feeding on a nearby ploughed field made some high pitched squealing noises for a few minutes.......definitely creepy !!
Other birds included a female Merlin chasing Fieldfares, Barn Owl, 2 Grey Partridge and 6 Lesser Redpoll.
This afternoon I walked around Sywell Reservoir and in the warm sunshine it really felt as if Spring has arrived. A pair of Smew and a Water Rail were quite elusive whereas a Grey Wagtail and 4 Sand Martins much easier to see.
A short evening walk at Harrington Airfield produced a Barn Owl hunting against the backdrop of a beautiful red and blue sunset sky.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July